Attain a comprehensive perspective of the medical and legal principles, considerations and controversies surrounding the Guides Fifth with this much-anticipated companion publication. A Medical-Legal Companion to the AMA Guides™ Fifth defines the practice of impairment assessment and is intended to set straight the abuses of interpretation.
Authored and reviewed by physician and attorney experts, this companion approaches complex issues in a user-friendly way. Simplified and defined medical measurement techniques and concepts, and legal terminology and principles make this publication relevant to physician Guides users, as well as attorneys, judges and claims professionals.
- Hundreds of easy-to-understand examples and questions with detailed answers
- Background information, including a history of the rating method, provides new and expert users with a complete Guides perspective
- Legal tips and recommendations
- Comparison of principles that fall within more than one chapter—makes sense of overlapping information
- Tables, figures and text from the Guides Fifth are referred to, and cross referenced by page number
- Chapter layout that mirrors the Guides Fifth for quick referencing
- Review questions at the end of each chapter
Kenneth Kingdon, JD, LL.M
American Medical Association